I'll go first...
The best advice I have gotten (and that really stuck with me) is: "If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted."
Meme of choice:
Best advice: Work hard and be nice to people
Favourite Work Meme:
So you've worked with people pretending to be "agile"....
And/or consultancy-type stuff where all the good ones over-estimate by 4-16 times so that when the client treats them as a deadline, you actually have the room to do it..
Great topic @Paula Pokusa!
The best career advice I have ever received
Challenge Yourself. Say yes to the things that scare you!
And agree with @Stuart Capel - London - Work hard and be nice to people!
Best career meme for my role as a Product Owner/Product Manager
For the serious folks: What's the best career advice you've ever received?
Take advantage of the free training and tuition assistance.
For the funny crowd: What is your favorite work related meme?
OMG, so true.... I am a PM. I totally get this.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- HAHAHAHAHA.... I like to call it Agile-fall
Love that advice! @Paula Pokusa
@Marjorie this is great advice!
When I hear "deadline", I suggest using "want date" instead...and then explain the history of the term "deadline". The PMO folks do not like it when I do that :^)
Documentation is common human courtesy.
10/10 advice
@Paula Pokusa thanks for this post.
Best career advice: Completion, not perfection, is the goal you need to achieve.
Favorite Work related meme:
Love that advice - thanks for sharing, Andy!
Best advice: You are worth something. Don't let people tell you otherwise. If the latter happens you are definitely in the wrong environment.
For the serious crowd: "Always keep learning, or someone else will pass you by."
For the funny crowd: "That moment when you realize your job is the meme... 🤦♂️"
By the way, when you're done with that, check out the menu Jack in the Box for a treat!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.