It's my party and I'll cry EAT if I want to...! 🎉 🎁 🎂
And so my birthday comes round once again. It's not really a major fancy affair for me. August 1st is a really crap date for celebrating, especially as a child/teen growing. Absolutely NO ONE is around for your parties due to summer holidays and that trend tends to continue into adulthood.
But it doesn't stop me from eating CAKE! Lots & lots of cake!

The Dutch Way of stuffing your face on your birthday 🎊 🥳
I live in the Netherlands and there are two very significant and quite interesting traditions when it comes to birthdays:
1) When you arrive at a birthday party you have to go round EVERYONE to congratulation them on the birthday. Now, for the parent or direct relative that kinda makes sense and is nice "Congratulations on your child's birthday..." but wishing some total rando' you've never met before and is the husband of the wife who is best friends with the distance cousin (who isn't even there) of the aunt of the birthday. girl or guy, is really quite bizarre. It's so f'ing odd....
2) You take a lot of cake to the office and you invite all employees (even the ones you hate) to come celebrate with a slice.
At TWNKLS AR / PTC (the last company I worked if with large teams in an office...) we would eat cake all the time!

My favourite cake, what is yours? 🍰 😍
A tough question for a Miscellaneous Monday. There are so many cakes I have had in my lifetime, both on my birthday as well as the birthday of others (and not forgetting the time I just bought cake on the weekend, because... cake!)
Eating Sacher torte in the world famous Sacher hotel in Vienna is potentially the winner, but:
I think there isn't just one cake for me in the end, but many memories... memories of celebrating the kids' birthdays. So much fun! When they both turned one my wife did these awesome Smash Cakes. The idea is just to have them tear into it and go bezerk. Those are the best!!
So, what is (are) YOUR favourite cake (moments)??
