When I make a change in my project, and I try to commit + push the changes to develop branch it allows, doesn't show any error, but the changes do not take effect in the branch.
It stopped working overnight because it was fine.
What can I do?
How can I find where the commit and push are going?
Best regards
Xalo Carvalho
Before & after screenshots for clarification, please.
I haven't made any changes. Until the selected commit it worked fine, but all of them afterward don't.
I normally use PhpStorm to do the commit+push in the develop branch and SourceTree do merge the master branch.
It just stopped working.
atlassian.png
Do you have any uncommitted changes? It doesn't look like you do. If you don't, then a commit+push won't have anything to do.
The commit+push is successful, but it doesn't really do what's supposed to. The changes aren't taking any effect. It's like, despite the push, it isn't really pushing any of the changes I made.
So, it is comitted, but it isn't pushed?
The push is also successful, but the changes I made, committed and pushed aren't showing / taking effect in the develop branch.
I've tried using the terminal to do a push, this is what I get:
remote: Please make sure you have the correct access rightsremote: and the repository exists.remote: Host key verification failed.remote: fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
But the key to the host is correct when accessing it with putty, for example.
Ok, well, the screenshot you provided doesn't really demonstrate the problem. The commits in your log are older, and I can't see the label for either develop or origin/develop.
Ok, let's see if I can make myself more clear about the problem I'm having.
ST_problem.png
You can see that I made a small change in a file (bottom right size).
I then used the ST terminal console to try and push it, and I got that mistake, the one I posted before.
But if I use the ST buttons to commit and push, it doesn't show any error message, and the updates are pushed.
ST_problem2.png
But the problem is that on the site itself that update doesn't show, so the push, despite not returning any error, isn't working properly, or is sending the files to some location I can't even find.
Hope I made myself understood.
I see. SourceTree behaves as though everything worked, even to the point of showing that origin/develop is pointing to the latest commit. But if you actually go to the remote repository, it does not have the latest commits.
How are you checking the commits on the remote? Is it Bitbucket/Github?
I'm using an ssh connection.
Doesn't answer my question. Let me rephrase: how can you tell that the commits aren't on the remote? You mentioned a website. What website is it, what does it look like? Or if you are using SSH to check which commits are on the remote, what commands are you using?
bitbucket, with ssh connection
You might check your remote settings, and make sure SourceTree is pushing to that Bitbucket account, and not somewhere else.
The error was found in a server file which keeps the GIT key.
The clients couldn't connect with GIT because they didn't have permission to do so because they couldn't find the file.
Thanks for all the help.
go to the setting and reset your gitHub repository URL link
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.