I just rebuilt my laptop and iMac with clean installs of MacOS Sierra. I normally use the command line git client to work with GitHub or BitBucket. I'm on a new project where I have to collaborate with some people on Windows and suggested they use SourceTree, and wanted to re-install SourceTree on my macs so I could help them learn this by demonstration, as I have used this from time to time in the past.
It seems there is some change to how the setup and configuration of SSH keys work. Before, I could pick one of my ssh keys (I have dozens, but mainly use one for work and another for personal Git repos) during setup. Now, I get a message "no key found", despite the fact I have ~/.ssh/id_rsa defined, it's in my agent and Apple keychain, and I can use this fine everywhere else.
I used to be able to use this with SourceTree. Now, I see no way to specify this key, it's not being found despite being in the normal location on Mac/Linux systems, and it seems the only way to use ssh is to generate a new ssh key - WHICH I DO NOT WANT TO DO. Why can't I use the ssh key which I want to use? Why isn't this finding my default ssh key like all other programs I have which use ssh, including earlier versions of SourceTree.
Not letting me use my existing ssh key is a recipe for losing me as a customer - I don't like being forced to change the way I work. There should be a way to specify the location of an existing ssh key!