Right now there is a great initiative that @Monique vdB has brought to the Atlassian Community. It's a push to plant 30,000 trees based on the user engagement in the community during the month of July. For every piece of content liked, a tree will be planted, and all users that participate qualify for a special edition community badge. You can read all about it in Monique's post here.
During a brain break I was thinking about what 30,000 trees looks like. As an avid hiker, I have been in dense forests - but have I ever tried to count the number of trees? If I did, how long would it take to actually see 30,000 trees? But what really startled me was the idiom that popped in my head - would I be able to see the forest for the trees?

The meaning of the idiom is simple - we often get so bogged down in the detail (each individual tree) we don't see the bigger picture (the forest). Would I literally miss the forest for the trees???
Well, I am a believer in being an individual, so I'd like to focus on the trees during this Miscellaneous Monday post. After all, each community like is needed to get to the 30,000 trees.
So here it is. Let's all share a picture of our favorite trees. The Arbor Day Foundation has a great database of tree information that you can use to identify and post a picture of your favorite tree. Or you can post a picture of a tree you love from your yard, neighborhood, childhood, favorite TV show (who will be posting a Weirwood tree?), or any tree that makes you happy. Bonus if you explain why in your post.
I can't wait to see our forest form from the individual trees posted!