The moment I start up my sourceTree, I get this error. How to resolve it without damaging my current project files?
Hi Ralph,
If the problem is with the index as the staging area for commits (i.e. .git/index), you can simply remove the index (make a backup copy if you want), and then restore index to version in the last commit. On SourceTree shell run:
.git/index
On OSX/Linux:
rm -f .git/index git reset
On Windows:
del .git\index git reset
(The reset command above is the same as git reset --mixed HEAD)
reset
git reset --mixed HEAD
Cheers, Renato Rudnicki
Thanks.. It worked.. Sorry for the late reply
Hi Ralph, glad to hear that If you don't mind, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.
just did.. sorry
I deleted my project (root folder) and created it again. It was the fastest and simplest way in my case.
Save all you changes, before you delete you project!
I get this all the time.
I almost hate it already!
Steps to reproduce are simple.
Just create a new branch, commit something, then switch to develop, merge your branch to develop and delete it. And observe the bug.
The only way to fix is to delete the wholerepo fromsourcetreeand add it again.
Can the issue be fixed? Please?
Thanks, this solved the problem however it surprises me that I had to use the OSX/Linux command on my windows machine.
Use OSX/Linux command on my windows machine +1
I restarted my windows system and then opened the source tree. It is automatically resolved !!
git reset
error: inflate: data stream error (invalid code lengths set)error: unable to unpack 64e00659b39bc2ec92b15903426745a9ca0e7469 headererror: inflate: data stream error (invalid code lengths set)fatal: loose object 64e00659b39bc2ec92b15903426745a9ca0e7469 (stored in .git/objects/64/e00659b39bc2ec92b15903426745a9ca0e7469) is corrupt
Works for me. Thanks.
It also worked for me
The fix did NOT work for me. Any other suggestions?
When I try it, the git reset command gets "fatal: unterminated line in .git/packed-refs"
Please Help Me I Am getting this error on every next day. And I Have To Take Re-Clone My Project Every Time.
Check that you have an access to drive E:
Im getting an errorcode 128, "ref/heads ... does not point to a valid object!"Could it be its looking for a remote tree which has been deleted? I noticed the branch i was in has been merged already. I tried a git reset, didnt solve it.
The issue im having is that my local list of branches is completely empty now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.