How do you print the content from all cards from a board so you can retain a state of play on a given date i.e. before others have edited it!
Hi @[deleted]! Welcome to the community Are you just looking for a way to back up the board? What sort of format does your export need to be in? You can export the board as a csv file if you're on a Premium plan. You can also create reports using butler which is something you can do on the free plan. There are a few other options that involve 3rd-party power-ups, but let me know if that answers your question - if not, I can suggest some other options!
Thanks @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows - when I print/export to CSV I only get the card names, NOT the card content. I've created an employee handbook I want to staff to read, but when I invite them they can edit, so I need a copy of the original in case [highly unlikely] they actually edit anything in there, rather than just read and comment. Also, even if I can get passed them editing it, I'd like a copy of the content for our own file records.
@[deleted]when you say card contents, what information are you expecting to see? When you export a board as a csv file, you get the card description, labels, members, due date, and attachments for each card. If that's not detailed enough, there are power-ups that will export board/card contents for you (just search "export" in the power-up directory).If the purpose of the board is to make it view-only to ensure staff don't overwrite any information on the board, are you able to add them as observers of the board instead? Or switch the board to public and share the link with them like this board https://trello.com/b/HbTEX5hb/employee-manual
The card content (not descriptions, labels, dates, attachments).
Power-ups are chargeable, and seems odd to have to pay to print own content (as well as pay Trello). I upgraded to Trello premium (trial) to see if was included, in which case would join Trello as a subscriber at end of trial... but it was not.
It seems I will have to open every card and screenshot/save. A shame as I'd hoped for Trello to be integrated with our processes but will need to keep it to this one purpose.
Making staff observers may work, but means we'll have to take some elements offline where we DO want collaboration.
Thanks anyway.
But it doesn't!?
It only gives,,,
Card ID Card Name Card URL Card Description Labels Members Due Date Attachment Count Attachment Links Checklist Item Total Count Checklist Item Completed Count Vote Count Comment Count Last Activity Date List ID List Name Board ID Board Name Archived
So none, of the actual card content. What am I missing?
@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows sorry forgot tot ag you
@[deleted]oh right, so the csv export doesn't seem to populating correctly? This is how it looks for me:Not quite sure why yours is blank 🤔 maybe try open the csv file in a different application like google sheets?
@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows but yours doesn't include the content either, only the description and a URL - the URL will take you to the latest content i.e. if it is edited, the content will have changed. I need a download at a point in time i.e. before edits. I think I just have to accept Trello is not fit for my purpose. I've already copied everything across to Teams and will delete account. Thanks very much for trying to help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.