The Atlassian documentation often frustrates me. It provides relatively clear instructions for the straightforward operations that they expect people to perform, but there's virtually no detailed information about how the system operates beyond that.
For example, I'm trying to understand exactly when when Bamboo (4.4.3 but we expect to upgrade to 5.0 next week) will remove workspaces for builds that it's done. We have auto-branching enabled (using a Git repository) for some of our plans, and we're running out of disk space. I have expiration set for 7 days on these plans since they're for developers' personal builds. The Bamboo server believes that these builds are deleted: there are no logs, artifacts, etc. for these branch plans.
When I go look on the system, I see a large number of ancient workspaces (from March etc.) chewing up lots of space. If my base plan ID is MAIN-BRANCH then these auto-branch workspaces will have names like MAIN-BRANCH1, MAIN-BRANCH24, etc.
Can anyone explain how Bamboo manages these workspaces? When they are deleted, if ever? When they are reused, if ever? Do I have to clean them up myself?