Hi,
I know how to set permissions in Bamboo, but I'm searching for some best practices in division of responsabilities.
In the company I work, we have a developers team and a quality/operations team. I'm member of second one.
One of the things the quality/operations team maintain is the complete build infrastructure : bamboo, nexus, sonar.
On bamboo, for every application a fixed set of plans are created for every project : a continuous integration plan, nightly build plan, a release plan, a deploy plan, a sonar plan. These fit in our continuous delivery process.
The development team can only view and run the first 3 plans. The development team can't create projects and plans. If they want a new plan, e.g. a branch plan they need to ask the qualtiy/opertions team.
Tody the development team asks to have the permission to create plans.
The questions are :
- Are there reasons why or why not to grant the development team this permission?
- What are best practices on this topic?
- Should we deliver a limited user interface (command line) to let them for instance create plans according to predefined rules
- Plans for branches only have to exist for a limited period of time. Who will delete them when there are obsolete?