Hi team,
I would like to know How to regenerate External id for users in crowd application.
If anybody know the steps or document for that Kindly share to me.
Thanks and Regards
Peruma.C
Hi @Peruma Chinnasamy and welcome to the community.
Can you please describe your problem more clearly? How I can achieve your state? What version of Crowd do you use? And what exactly going wrong with your external id?
Maybe you will find your answer in this guide
Also I can recommend you if you use Connector type of directory try to synchronise directory. It should help
Hi Roman,
I was upgraded crowd v 3.7 into 4.4.0 version in non prod crowd application. In 4.4.0 version few old user facing login issue. Those who are having the external id >32 characters. So we are planning to regenerate the external id those who are having external id >32 characters to avoid login issue.
Which type of directory do you have?
We have LL AD and LL EXT directory.
I can't find what is external_id in the spec, but as I know, it's the field by which you tell Crowd, that your user_A (from Crowd) is linked to one of your users from directory. Description from the Crowd: "The attribute field to use for tracking user identity across user renames". So for example, if you rename your user, Crowd will find your user by this field.And better to use unique identifier, for example in LDAP it's uid field, and for AD - entryUUID field
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.