my sourcetree got some error when I try to open my repo:'git log' failed with code -1:'launch path not accessible
I am not sure whether I made a mistake in deleting some file to cause this thing, anyway ,now how can I do to solve this error?
If you reinstall Git (no need to uninstall it first, just start the installer again), any accidentally removed files will be put back. (In SourceTree, make sure you are using the system Git, not the embedded one. The option is in Tools\Options\Git.)
reinstall Git?which didn't cause my current repos disappear? I already built many repo in sourcetree and used them for a long time, until recently I just clear some trash for my hd , after that, when I open any repo, then show the error I posted in the title
Reinstalling Git will not change your clones in any way.
When you say you cleared trash, did that trash include ".git" folders? If so, you've deleted your repositories, and you'll have to re-clone then from your remotes. Your working copy should still be present, so you can use that to recover any changes that weren't pushed to the server.
I didn't have to reinstall git I just had to tell SourceTree what git executable to use. I'm on OSX Yosemite (10.10.3) with a Homebrewed git install so I opened SourceTree and navigated to SourceTree...Preferences and selected the Git Tab. I then clicked "Use System Git" and navigated to /usr/local/Cellar/git/2.3.5/bin/git.
thanks!
Worked for me! Thank you!
This can also happen with latest SourceTree if git is reinstalled. Sadly SourceTree fails the ability to detect fit installed on /usr/local/bin/git -- which happens to be the default location for git when installed with homebrew on MacOS.
Worked for me, too. Hooray!
I have the same exact issue with Sourcetree and when I go to Tools\Options\Git under Git Version, the "System" button is grayed out. I was just trying it out to see if I liked it better than GitHub Desktop and it seems like it might be but it is so much more difficult to get setup correctly and I lost my patients with it.
I give up for now but if somebody is able to help me on here I will give it another chance.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.