We have project request forms on our website that are set to automatically be added to a board. Since the email-to-board link is my user, I do not get notifications when a new request comes in. Is there a way to change this?
@Stephanie Schmitz welcome to the community! I think you should be able to create a Butler rule with the trigger being "when a card is emailed into a board", and the action is to assign yourself to it!
Like this!
Thanks - I don't necessarily want to add myself. We have several people and depending on the request I assign to others besides myself.
@Stephanie Schmitz ah! you just want a notification. then in that case, you can change that trigger to "send an email"... instead of "join the card", and you can send yourself an email when a card is added to the board via email. Is that what you're looking for?
I was hoping for a notification in Trello instead of an email - I get too many of those to begin with!
@Stephanie Schmitz adding on from what Brittany suggested, another route is to set up your email to board using a service account rather than your own user account. That way, if you're following the board, you'll be notified of any card added to the board by this service account. I believe if you were to use butler automation to add a comment to @mention yourself, you won't be notified of this seeing as it's your user making the comment.
Thanks - this makes sense. A follow-up questions: how would I change the email to board setting to a different service account?
@Stephanie Schmitz the way it works is when you're logged into Trello as your user, you go to your board settings and find the unique email for the board, it will be specific to your user - so something like hannah_morgan+123456abcdef@boards.trello.com. Instead, log in to Trello as your service account and use the email address generated for that user. I'd then suggest creating a contact called Trello or something similar and saving this email address so it's easy to remember
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.