Hi guys.
I'm running SourceTree 1.3.0b3, and have installed Araxis Merge (in /Applications).
When I go to the diff panel in the prefs, dropdowns for "visual diff tool" and "merge tool" are both greyed out.
Any hints to how I tell SourceTree to use Araxis merge?
These options are greyed out if you've unchecked the box 'Allow SourceTree to modify your global Mercurial and Git configuration files' at the top of the 'General' tab. SourceTree can't set up the external diff for you if it's not allowed to update the config files.
You can use an alternative diff (probably merge too?) tool in mercurial *without* needing to 'Allow SourceTree to modify your global Mercurial and Git configuration files'.
In your ~/.hgrc you can have:
[extensions] hgext.extdiff = [extdiff] cmd.sourcetreediff=/usr/local/bin/twdiff opts.sourcetreediff=--resume --reverse --wait
for example.
Feature request: could you add a simple tool tip that explains this? So this information is more readily discoverable
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.