Hi,
I am in the process of configuring bamboo to perform nightly builds and tests for my project. In order to install and run my project I require some specialized software packages to be installed. Because of this, I am building a custom AMI based on the Atlassian Ubuntu 14.04 Elastic Bamboo micro instance.
In order to configure the base Ubuntu 14.04 instance with my required software, I launch the instance from the bamboo instances configuration page and attempt to connect using SSH to install my software packages.
When I start the instance from bamboo, I am given a private key (elasticbamboo.pk) to download which I assume corresponds to the keypair elasticbamboo in my AWS management console. I also see that the instance is created in the aws management console instances page and that I can view additional information about the instance there.
I use the command:
ssh i elasticbamboo.pk ec2user@publicDNS
to connect to the instance and I get a prompt that the authenticity of the host can't be established the key fingerprint is x and asks if I want to continue. I select yes and the host is added to the list of known hosts and the connection is attempted. The connection fails with the message: permission denied (public key).
I have noted that the fingerprint given in the terminal when connecting does not match the elasticbamboo keypair fingerprint in the aws console.
I have also attempted using puttygen to convert the pk file to a ppk file and using putty to connect via SSH in windows, but this has the same problem.
What steps am I missing to connect to my instance?
Thanks for your help.