Throughout the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic, there were massive shortages of essential goods and supplies. It was only two years ago that toilet paper, KN-95 masks, hand sanitizer and bottled water shelves and aisles were empty in local stores and online.
Initially this was was due to the uncertainty of how long lockdowns in various locales would extend.
Over time the lockdowns themselves were the cause - factory closures, manufacturing grinding to a halt, and global shipping costs and delays resulted in 2+ years (and counting) of shortages of things like computer chips, paper and in the United States even coinage due to people moving away from handling cash!
This past week I have been involved in a new shortage, Baby Formula. As essential as it gets - the basic nutrition needed for many babies to develop into healthy human beings. I have been helping local charitable organizations in sourcing any and all excess baby formula so that mothers of newborns can ensure their babies have the nourishment they desperately need.
While this is a very serious shortfall, it got me thinking about what we used to assume was an unlimited supply of goods, and how we have fared as a society in coming to the realization that this world has limited resources.
So I asked myself, and now I ask the Atlassian Community - if there was one thing that you could have an unlimited supply of, WHAT would it be? Bonus for answering WHY.

Have a Magnificent Monday and week ahead!