Hi,
I am trying to use the bamboo cli but don't know what can be used as a taskKey.
Is there a list of taskKeys or a way to figure out what the key for each task is?
One way is to go into the Task browser and look at the link for the task you are interested in.
Hi Bob,
Looking at the task browswer, I copied the Task's link address (right on the task, copy link address) and here is what I get:
http://<bamboo install address>/build/admin/edit/addTask.action?planKey=INTEST-RSRHEL532-JOB1&returnUrl=%2Fbuild%2Fadmin%2Fedit%2FeditBuildTasks.action%3FbuildKey%3DINTEST-RSRHEL532-JOB1&createTaskKey=com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs%3Atask.vcs.checkout
From this I gather the TaskKey = com.atlassian/bamboo.plugins.vcs:task.vcs.checkout
Am I right?
Yes, that should be it. Except for the typo: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs:task.vcs.checkout
Thanks Bob that seems to work.
I have 2 follow up questions:
1.I don't see the updated changes in my plan. The output of the command line:
abhi@penny /abhi/bamboo-cli-3.1.0 $ ./bamboo.sh --action addTask --build "INTEST-RHEL532" --job "JOB1" --taskKey "com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs:task.vcs.checkout" --description "Checkout Test" --field1 "Repository" --value1 "Plan Repository"
Source Code Checkout task with id 47 added to job INTEST-RHEL532-JOB1.
abhi@penny /abhi/bamboo-cli-3.1.0 $ ./bamboo.sh --action addTask --build "INTEST-RHEL532" --job "JOB1" --id "1" --taskKey "com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs:task.vcs.checkout" --description "Checkout Test" --field1 "Repository" --value1 "Plan Repository"
Source Code Checkout task with id 48 added to job INTEST-RHEL532-JOB1.
How can I check if the plan actually has these tasks but the GUI screen isn't seeing
2. When I specify a "command" as the task, it doesn't know which "command" I am trying to add. I have tried to set the "fields" and "field1" to no success. Can you take a look at my command line and see what the problem is?
abhi@penny /abhi/bamboo-cli-3.1.0 $ ./bamboo.sh --action addTask --build "INTEST-RHEL532" --job "JOB1" --id "1" --taskKey "com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scripttask:task.builder.command" --description "Move top-level makefile" --fields "Argument:aaaa, EnvironmentVariables:eee=vvv" --field1 "Executable" --value1 "gmake"
Remote error: Please specify the command.
abhi@penny /abhi/bamboo-cli-3.1.0 $ ./bamboo.sh --action addTask --build "INTEST-RHEL532" --job "JOB1" --id "1" --taskKey "com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scripttask:task.builder.command.gmake" --description "Move top-level makefile" --fields "argument:aaaa, environmentVariables:eee=vvv" --field1 "executable" --value1 "gmake"
Remote error: unknown
abhi@penny /abhi/bamboo-cli-3.1.0 $ ./bamboo.sh --action addTask --build "INTEST-RHEL532" --job "JOB1" --id "1" --taskKey "com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scripttask:task.builder.command" --description "Move top-level makefile" --fields "executable:gmake, argument:aaaa, environmentVariables:eee=vvv" --field1 "executable" --value1 "gmake"
abhi@penny /abhi/bamboo-cli-3.1.0 $ ./bamboo.sh --action addTask --build "INTEST-RHEL532" --job "JOB1" --id "1" --taskKey "com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scripttask:task.builder.command:gmake" --description "Move top-level makefile" --fields "executable:gmake, argument:aaaa, environmentVariables:eee=vvv" --field1 "executable" --value1 "gmake"
abhi@penny /abhi/bamboo-cli-3.1.0 $ ./bamboo.sh --action addTask --build "INTEST-RHEL532" --job "JOB1" --id "1" --taskKey "com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scripttask:task.builder.command:executable.gmake" --description "Move top-level makefile" --fields "executable:gmake, argument:aaaa, environmentVariables:eee=vvv" --field1 "executable" --value1 "gmake"
How do I know which parameters are required per task?
Usually, it is obvious by looking at the task UI. In the command case, it is know as label under the covers and shows as Environment on the display.
I have added more details in the issue you created - BCLI-28
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.