I've transferred from Asana recently. In Asana, when I set a repeat function, as soon as I complete a task (card), it generates a new due date according to the repeat rule I set. That way, I can always see all the tasks that need to be done on any given day. This helps when I assign new tasks... to not overload with too many tasks on any given day.
I tried the card repeater in Trello, but maybe I am still not getting the full picture of this power-up...
Apparently, it functions totally unrelated to due dates? I found a mention that I need to create a list for repeat cards... But, if the repeat card is created on the day scheduled by the card repeater, I wouldn't know about it until the very day... or I have to click the repeat card to see when it's due next time... which would be kind of ridiculous...
I also use the dashcard power-up to track my tasks across all the boards for today and for the next 7 days, but again, I don't see the repeat cards show up there... naturally because they don't have due dates.
I really like Trello so far, but this is almost detrimental that I cannot have an accurate full picture of everything that needs to be done for the next 7 days or so.
Can someone explain if I am missing something or a way around it? Thanks!