Hello community!
I'd like to add a short description for custom fields to give users a better idea of how to fill out a custom field. Is there a way to do this?
Hi @Mike Hong ! Welcome to the community It's not currently possible to add descriptions to custom fields, however, I think this would be a great feature to have. If you want to request this direct with Trello, you can do that here: https://trello.com/contact#/As a workaround, you could create a dedicated list in your board that acts as a wiki or readme. Within that list, you could have a card that has all the custom field definitions. Another option could be to add a prompt to your card descriptions to remind people to fill out the custom fields/explain how to fill them out. This could either be contained in a card template, or auto-added to new cards using butler automation.
@Mike Hong That sounds like a pretty great idea. If your usecase works with Amazing Fields (https://trello.com/power-ups/60e068efb294647187bbe4f5), I think I could add support for something like that pretty easy.
Note: Amazing Fields lets you build styling, formatting, etc on top of field values and build on custom fields if you need the full power of automations and integrations.
I can't seem to request this. Ever since I posted this I've had this "Connection Issue."
@Allen -Amazing PowerUps- this is pretty awesome, I'll test it out!
@Allen -Amazing PowerUps- Looks like I need IT to approve it. Do you think you will add a Tooltip function for custom fields?
@Mike Hong I had a look just now and was able to successfully submit a ticket. Are you still running into the same issue? Does it happen after you try and submit a ticket?
@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows it happens as soon as I open the contact link before I enter any information in. As soon as I click on Using Trello from the dropdown it makes these 2 suggestions. This is what brought me to post in the community, I thought this was a prerequisite.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.