I tried to clone a repository for my Sourcetree application but I got the following error:
"Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote https://*USER*@bitbucket.org/*COMPANY*/*REPO*.gitOutput:Error: remote: Bitbucket Cloud recently stopped supporting account passwords for Git authentication.remote: See our community post for more details: https://atlassian.community/t5/x/x/ba-p/1948231remote: App passwords are recommended for most use cases and can be created in your Personal settings:remote: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/app-passwords/fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/*COMPANY*/*REPO*.git/'"
I've tried both OAuth and Basic authentication (Sourcetree says "Authentication OK" for both versions), but I keep getting the same error.My colleagues could clone, we can't find the cause of the error.
Hi @Jacint Illes ,
welcome to the Atlassian community!
Please try to fix your issue as suggested in the following article https://itsmycode.com/solved-remote-bitbucket-cloud-recently-stopped-supporting-account-passwords-for-git-authentication/
Hope this helps,
Fabio
Hi @Fabil Racobaldo
I am new to Sourcetree. clone from bitbucket repo in sourcetree crashed.
Whenever I want to clone a repo in the sourcetree using remote function, the sourcetree just crashed without any error. Which prevent me to clone any repo.
I tried unsinstall and reinstalled the Sourcetree ..Now My problem is I am able to clone only one repo. Second repo is crashing..
Appreciate your help in resolving this.
Thank you, this solved my problem.
I'm happy for that @Jacint Illes
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.