Today is April Fools’ Day.
“Although the day, also called All Fools’ Day, has been celebrated for several centuries by different cultures, its exact origins remain a mystery. Some historians speculate that April Fools’ Day dates back to 1582, when France switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, as called for by the Council of Trent in 1563. People who were slow to get the news or failed to recognize that the start of the new year had moved to January 1 and continued to celebrate it during the last week of March through April 1 became the butt of jokes and hoaxes.” – history.com
- My question is do you celebrate April fools’ day?
- If yes how and what is your greatest prank?
When I was a kid, April Fools’ was something me and my siblings participated in. The day was full of pranks that seemed to escalate as we grew older. From rubber banding the sink sprayer to short sheeting beds pranks abounded in our home. My parents were great at wrangling in actions that were inappropriate or harmful. This helped keep it fun and enjoyable.
Now that I have my own kids we occasionally engage in April Fools’ day but we really do not engage in the traditional pranking like I did growing up. Thus it is a fading tradition that I think I need to put some work into in order to revive in my family.