I have created a board to use for myself but also for my clients. Each list I create is for one client. How can I get them to see only their list and not the lists of the others? They are all on the same board. I don't want to create an extra board for each client. There are too many. Thanks!
Hi @Manuela H
Nathan here from Trello Support
Right now there's no way to give someone access to only one list on a board, when you give someone access to a board they'll have access to all the lists and cards on that board.
The only option for only granting people access to specific lists would be to split those lists between multiple boards and only give people access to the boards that contain the content they need access to.
If you wanted to avoid having to manage these across multiple boards you could always try one of the Third-Party Power-ups that are able to mirror cards from one board to another so you could have your lists on multiple different boards so your clients only have access to the content they need and you could then mirror the content from those boards onto one overarching board that you could then use to manage these cards. Here's a link where you can view these Power-Ups - https://trello.com/power-ups/search?q=mirror
Hi Nathan, thanks a lot for your super fast reply. I appreciate it. I want to share info with my clients and since their number is exploding and I need to keep track of what I said to whom and who has ordered what I am at a loss as to how to do it. Each person is totally different and products they need to access and buy are numerous and getting more by the day. If you have any idea how to go about it with Trello please share it with me. Thanks a lot. Manuela
Hey @Manuela H - congrats on having so many clients! 😄
In addition to Nathan's suggestions, you could also check out the External Share Power-Up which lets you create links for each client to see a sub-section of the board, based on filter criteria you define.
Hi Felix, thanks for your great answer! I'm impressed. What can you tell me about customer privacy? I would like to put in sensitive information such as name, email and health status. How many people and who will have access to it? Best, Manuela
That Power-Up is a third party offering, so you'd need to ask the vendor that question. They're active on this community too - @Adam Cao
https://www.tinypowerups.com/privacy <- this is that vendor's privacy policy.
In general, if you grant an integration to access your account in Trello, you'll be presented with what data the integration can access and modify.
For the Trello side, in terms of privacy, see https://trello.com/trust
In terms of who on the integration-side has access to the data you're allowing them access to, it varies vendor by vendor, and each has their own policies.
Hey @Manuela H
For sharing information from your boards while keeping the boards easy to manage, it definitely seems like the Power-up Felix recommended is a good option for this. I've not used it personally but it seems like this should be able to do what you're looking for
Nathan, if it works and I am trying it out as we speak, it would be ace. Imagine, each person has their own path and they update me on the arrival of each new product they need to take and the improvement of their health. I can't wait to see it work! Have a splendid day!
@FelixI have now sent a list to one of my clients. He can read it perfectly but can't seem to write into it. Whom do I need to contact in order to find out if the person is able to write into the list as well so this will be an exchange? Or will that happen once I have paid? Thanks a lot!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.