How do I revert to before I did a pull?
Here's the story,
1. I made changes to my local files
2. I see new changes and click the Pull button
3. It says I need to commit my changes first
4. Write ommit message and click Commit
5. Click Pull button
6. A dialog appears that says I have conflicts
7. Find file that has conflicts and open merge tools. I think it showed 4 unstaged files?
8. Right click and select Merge. File merge opens (it sucks). I don't know how to merge. There's no done button, no save button just actions. Switch back to SourceTree nothing's changed. I finally find Save from the File menu. Click that a few times and then close the progra. Not sure if anything is saved.
I don't see any changes but I see a new .BACKUP file in unstaged.
9. Now I see 5 unstaged files the original conflicted file is not in the staged file list. 
10. I don't see my original file in the stage or unstaged but I could be remembering incorrectly. I should video this the next time. I give up and go into original file and make changes manually.
11. Now I still have 5 unstaged files.
My question is, can I revert back to before step 5? Before I clicked on pull?
A couple of unpopular ideas. When errors happen explain it as if to a 5 yr old what to do. Add an undo button. Changed the wording from pull to "download", push to "upload", commit to "save" and the tool tip says "save changes before downloading or uploading", remove to "delete" and reset to "undo" (if that's what reset actually does).
I'm sorry for my ranting but git breaks common user interface nomenclature or conventions. We shouldn't be following it's poor choice of words because it's popular. I'm done ranting. I'm sure my gravestone will mention my ranting.