Hi,
We have a GIT repository setup on an internal mac server and then each mac uses sourcetree to view the projects/repositories. One of our team is based in the UK, while we're in South Africa, and he randomly has problems committing or pulling from the repository. At times he will pull and nothing happens, plus when he tries to commit he often gets issues. He connects onto our network via a VPN client, and this might be faulty but we've upgraded this and the security layers on our network.
The interesting thing is when I'm travelling or at home I randomly get these issues. At times it will work and then suddenly I simply can't pull. For instance I'm at home now and I can see no updates in Sourcetree. Pulling does nothing, it shows the status bar but this never stops pulling, never actually getting anything but never stopping. These issues occur on line speeds varying from 2MB to 12MB and vary from location to location.
Does anyone have any helpful ideas to solve this? Are there minimum latency settings or any network settings we should check? Any advice on this would be really helpful.
thanks