Hello Everyone,
I am suffering because of admin rights and I need your help or if there is no possiblity to arrange settings, please get this as a recommend and bring a new solution. I read almost everything from internet and there is no clear answer from Atlassian or other users !
You have 3 different user roles. Normal users, Trusted? users and Site-Admins and also there is one more global admin.
I have no problem with normal users. It is simple to understand.
Now problem is starting here:
1- Why do we have a "Trusted" user role ? I'm asking this because there is no meaning and I can't restrict their rights and change any settings. I can't revoke their licences.
I'm assigning a user as a "Trusted", user gets all licences and all admin rights only they can't reach "Payment" options. There is not global Trusted group. I cant remove from there too.
I'm repeating again : Why is there a meaningless user group ?
2- Why I can't give permission to other admins. I have 40 site-admins because there is not an other option. As a global admin, I shall give or revoke their rights. Create a group etc.... it is not working perfectly. Especially for Trusted.
I created a group for Trusted, (Because there is not global group!!!!) and added user to this group and removed the licence option from product access and added Confluence. (for test)
But still user can access to Jira. But I dont want it, however I wanna give to user full access except jira or confluence. User needs to invite new users etc. but cant reach to jira software !! I can't do that. It is unfortunately very annoying !!!
3- I created again a group and gave them full admin rights for Jira and Confluence. But at this time user can't add (can invite) new user to the system. Because user has no access to Atlassian Admin page.
4- I want to revoke our some rights, especially revoke their licences. I found a solution for it but I'm not sure it will work or not:
I will remove site-admins group from Product access. May be it works but I'm not sure ! Beucase they are getting licences automatically like trusted user. And it does not matter, I remove them from product access, I cant revoke their licences
So my real question :
How can I revoke a licence from Trusted or site-Admins ?
Best Regards
Yigit.