I am attempting to write a rule that converts all the items from a checklist into linked cards and then renames those cards adding the current month to the name.
I based a rule on the following two questions from a couple years ago:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Converting-checklist-items-into-cards-and-renaming-the-cards/qaq-p/1540791
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Converting-checklist-items-into-cards-and-renaming-the-cards/qaq-p/1143102
And it does everything I want it to EXCEPT change the names of the newly created cards (well, it also copies the due date from the parent card, which I didn't want).
Here is my rule:
It also seems to work exactly the same with or without the "find a card with link {triggercardlink}" command, so I'm not sure that's necessary, but it was in the solutions for the previous two questions.
I've created a work-around, but it required 4 additional rules (thank goodness my checklist only has 4 items!), and I'd really like to be able to do it in one.
Anyone have any ideas where I went wrong? Thanks!
Hi @Leslie Rieger ! It looks like it might be because there's a typo in the checklist name. One action contains "to-do" and one contains "to do".
This rule here worked for me:
when a card with a name starting with "Test" is added to list "To do", convert all the items in checklist "Checklist" into linked cards, find a card with link "{triggercardlink}", for each card linked from an item in checklist "Checklist", rename the card to "{cardname} - {monthname}"
Good catch! That's what I get for sometimes naming things "to do" with a hyphen and sometimes without.
It works perfectly now. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.