I installed Sourcetree the other day on a new work computer and it was working fine, then after the weekend it appears to be crashing on startup. The splash window with the logo and title appears briefly, then it closes. Now after reinstalling it has the same behavior, splash window and then close. It does extract the files to AppData but doesn't open the installation wizard, and still doesn't open at all. I tried everything I can think of up to digging into the registry for sourcetree and atlassian leftovers, any fix I could find for KERNELBASE.dll and every other solution on this forum, but nothing I do seems to work.
Event viewer error:
Faulting application name: SourceTree.exe, version: 3.4.8.0, time stamp: 0x5fd0b86e
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1566, time stamp: 0x0833f2d4
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f69
Faulting process id: 0x3f24
Faulting application start time: 0x01d83919366b6a41
Faulting application path: C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-3.4.0\SourceTree.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 11d6beab-08f1-43bd-a41e-211d6579a14b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: