SourceTreeInstallFail.jpg
I have verified that I have Admin privs to the dir, and I've even tried creating that prior to the install with R/W sig to no avail. Any ideas?
Do you know what version you are installing? Is this a fresh installation or an upgrade?
This is a fresh install of SourceTreeSetup_1.6.11.exe on Windows 7. It is behind a corporate firewall if that makes a difference.
The install onto my Windows 7 desktop worked fine, but the one on my corporate laptop does not. Here are some interesting differences: McAfee & Dell data protection encryption are running on the laptop. Other programs install fine with or without running in Administrator mode, but this one fails every time irrespective of the directory or disk that is specified.
Have you tried temporarily disabling those?
Yes on McAfee, but no on encryption since it can't be disabled. Please be aware that I have tried installing it on both the encrypted (c:) and non-encrypted (d:) drives without success. I tried replying right after your response, but I'm limited to 3 communications per day by your website. :-(
Same problem here. Manually copying 7za.exe to the folder fails. Renaming 7za.exe to 7za1.exe and copying workings. Might be connect to McAfee AntiVirus
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.