Hi team,
Do you know when are you going to support slack notifications definition in Bamboo yaml specs for plans and deployments??
Thanks in advance,
Have a nice day.
Marcos Gabilondo.
Hi @Marcos Gabilondo , please contact Slack integration plugin vendor https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213289/slack-notifications-for-bamboo?hosting=server&tab=support
One option I've looked at is using the email to slack channel functionality https://slack.com/intl/en-gb/help/articles/206819278-Send-emails-to-Slack
Basically each channel in slack can has an email associated to it, then you just setup spec to use the email option for notifications.
While I have not officially tried this in spec, I do use the email option to send a slack message to a channel
HI @Phill Pafford @Eduardo Alvarenga and @Alexey Chystoprudov
Thanks for your help, I've really appreciated it.
I was thinking Bamboo does not support slack notifications yet because when I'm exporting an existing Bamboo plan to yaml specs, the plan/deployment definition said:
I will apply one of your solutions to my plan definitions.
Marcos Gabilondo
Hey @Marcos Gabilondo
Have a look at this KB article. It will walk you through the steps to "convert" the Slack instructions from Java format into YAML.
Regards,
Eduardo AlvarengaAtlassian Support APAC
nice find!
As @Eduardo Alvarenga said in his message about convert the Java format in Yaml.
I didn't export my plan definitions to JavaSpecs to see that Bamboo supports this kind of notifications.
Thanks.
It's a good solution but it does not fit with our requirements because the email notification to slack is hidden until you expanded the message.
So, you can not see if the plan has been finished successfully without click on the slack message.
I will try this solution to see if the message has the same format as the manually configured one.
@Marcos Gabilondo where you able to get this to work?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.