Hoping you can point me in the right direction of how to do a new build in Opsgenie. We have a small global workforce supporting about 6 different stacks. I want to do a follow-the-sun schedule with escalation (Engineer 1, Engineer 2, Manager). Goal: Triage alerts w/o waking people up.
Let's say the first of our 6 apps is the Yavin app, supported by Red team, Gold team, and Blue team.
Red: 6a - 6p (12h)
Blue: 6p - 9p (3h)
Gold: 9p - 6a (9h)
- Is this 3 teams (and 3 schedules)? This seems like the wrong path.
- Do I merge the 3 teams into 1 mega-team so there's only 1 schedule?
- Another post that was similar suggested a Dummy Team with no users and then I add Red, Blue, and Gold based on the start / end times. This is the way? (And if so, any further instructions/tips are appreciated).
Thanks for the advice! The hours are not evenly distributed b/c the larger team size and the larger skill set resides in the Red team.