I'm baffled (and Atlassian Support is baffled, too) at the error I'm getting in Sourcetree when attempting git commands from a valid authenticated Bitbucket remote:
"Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote https://dkouts@bitbucket.org/myteam/myrepo.git
Output:
Error: remote: Too many invalid password attempts. Log in at https://id.atlassian.com/ to restore access.
fatal: unable to access 'https://bitbucket.org/myteam/myrepo.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403"
Background:
- Problem started after installing SourceTree 3.4.7 on a freshly-installed Win10 two days ago.
- The remote Bitbucket account is valid! I can add it to the remote accounts in Sourcetree without any issues:
- OAuth, refreshing the token: "Authentication Ok"
- Basic (using a recently-created App Password): "Authentication Ok"
- Doing a refresh in the Remote repositories page brings up my team's repos as expected.
- Git commands in Sourcetree:
- Clone from a valid repo https url, the Clone page says "This is not a valid source path / URL", and the Details button brings up the 403 error.
- Fetch from a local repo brings up the 403 error.
- Git commands in the terminal:
- OpenSSH dialog asks for the account password. If I enter the App Password, it completes successfully.
I've tried all of the following, with no change:
- Logged out and in of https://id.atlassian.com/, per the error message.
- Cleared all the Bitbucket credentials in Credential Manager.
- Uninstalled and reinstalled Sourcetree.
- Removed and re-added the account in Sourcetree in Remote repositories.
- Removed and re-added the account in Sourcetree in repo settings.
- Updated Sourcetree to 3.4.8 this morning.
- Contacted Atlassian Support (they said they have no 403 responses in their logs, and that they do not see a problem on their end).
...help?