I've been playing a bit with Crowd integration with JIRA and Confluence and using SSO. I have a single user base (just employees of my company). I want to use Single sign on between JIRA and Confluence.
I have JIRA 4.2.3, Confluence 3.4.9 and Crowd 2.3.3
Two questions:
- How many user directories should I have in Crowd? One directory for all employees, or one for each of JIRA and Confluence (where each employee has an account in both)?
I assume it's one directory (Single Sign On doesn't appear to work when I add my users to both a JIRA and Confluence directory)
- Assuming I should go with one directory, how should I do groups? I have Confluence groups that I don't want to show up in JIRA, and I have JIRA groups that I don't want to show up in Confluence. But when I have a single directory, and I add a Confluence group to a user, that group also appears in JIRA for that user. And vice versa.
Any tips on how this should be set up?