I have created app password with all permissions. In SourceTree, Tools -> Options -> Authentication tab shows Authentication: OK. When I try to push it shows me an authentication error.
remote: Bitbucket Cloud recently stopped supporting account passwords for Git authentication.remote: See our community post for more details: https://atlassian.community/t5/x/x/ba-p/1948231remote: App passwords are recommended for most use cases and can be created in your Personal settings:remote: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/app-passwords/fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/mrunmayeeshirodkar/typs.git/'
What am I missing?
I got the same issue from now and then, mostly Source Tree password cache problem.This fixed my issue:
(1) Clean Window Credentials
(2) Clean Source Tree "passwd" file
%LocalAppData%/Atlassian/SourceTree"
passwd"
Ref: stackoverflow.com/questions/45690641/
I have the same issue. I have set it up and followed the instructions and still authentication error!!
I have the same problem, today I tried to pull and push new commits but the system all the time said me:
Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote https://yeissonh@bitbucket.org/**************Output:Error: remote: Bitbucket Cloud recently stopped supporting account passwords for Git authentication.remote: See our community post for more details: https://atlassian.community/t5/x/x/ba-p/1948231remote: App passwords are recommended for most use cases and can be created in your Personal settings:remote: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/app-passwords/fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/*********
I try to delete the files and recreate the repository but nothing worked.
I've spent much of the day fighting with this problem, there is still no solution?
Was having the same issue, my friend was able to find a solution after lots of tries and now it's working.
First, download and install Git in your system, if you don't have it. https://git-scm.com/
Then, go to Tools > Options > Git and select System, as seen here:
Login again with the new App password when prompted and everything should work well. You can also try Update Embedded option too, maybe it will fix it without the need of System use.
Mine is working properly now! I just deleted the existing credentials on my mac from by following this:
How to wipe Sourcetree preferences
After deleting those files. Open your sourcetree again and for Mac a pop up box appeared and you have to enter your username and your app password and you should be good!
Hi!
I resolved in this form:
I created SSH Key, I used this article:
Set up an SSH key | Bitbucket Cloud | Atlassian Support
And clone one more time
regards,
i have the same issues .it still in error. how can i solve this?
Bitbucket fucked up badly changin things that were actually working.
Worked!!! Thanks.... Life saver...
Many thanks for this, this solved my issue.
This worked - many thanks!
Thank you so much. This worked like a charm.
thats my first comment at this forum only to say, thanks man, you saved me.
thank you !! worked like charm
For me this wasn't resolved until I edited my Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts file to add
18.205.93.0 bitbucket.org
to the end of the file and save.
Then it worked. Thanks to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2_EzkDZmBw
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.