Is there a way to import a large number of Jira tickets into Jira Product Discovery? I have a massive amount of Jira tickets residing in both Service Management and Software Development projects that I'd like to import into Jira Product Discovery. Can I import them in bulk?
I don't have an answer - we'll have to hear from staff on this I think!
But related: I'd love to see an engine by which I could process a larger number of Jira issues into Insights for Discovery issues. I.e., aside from just the import, how could I process a large number of Jira issues (search for, work thru, etc.) not to import them but to add one/multiple/many to Jira Product Discovery issues as insights?
@Jonathan Hau we haven't built anything specific for this, but you should be able to bulk move issues from one project to another (and preserve things like description and comments).
You might want to try that on a couple of issues first though!
That's a great question @Nate Dame and something we haven't really got a good solution for today.
One first step we're thinking of taking in that directio is adding support for insights in Project Automation. E.g. so you can automatically add a Jira issue to an idea as an insight by adding a label on the issue.
To be continued!
We just did a bulk move from another company-managed software project and it worked well! Have not tested team-managed projects but we don’t really use them.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback @Karl Mentzer !
> Have not tested team-managed projects but we don’t really use them.
Well, now you do Jira Product Discovery is built on top of team-managed projects
Sure! But WAY better would be something in-app with text highlighting. Because some issues (descriptions, comments) get HUUUGE and long, so connecting an entire issue isn't always good. You just want to connect some text.
Sure that's what the Chrome extension is for.
But what if there was something better that Discovery users could do in EVERY Atlassian product? Like this perhaps?
Here's a gif, but basically this functionality happens after you highlight text: https://pr.fnd.st/4guZqG9z
This is from Productboard, which BTW I am happily transitioning away from to Jira Product Discovery.
But imagine that, if Discovery users could, without an extension, from ANY Jira product, highlight any text and link it to a Discovery issue or create a new one...... 🤯
Ah yes Ok I see what you mean. We definitely looked at things like this @Nate Dame and the Chrome extension is a stop gap solution for things like that But there's a fair bit of work involved there, so it just won't be in the short term. The outcome would be that you can do that from any text field in any Atlassian product (Jira comments/descriptions, Confluence pages/blogs/comments, etc.) - because they all use the same editor.
If I'm looking to do a bulk move and there's a multi-checkbox field, can I move multiple tickets at one time or do I need to break them down into the various combinations of that field's checkbox? I'd like to just have old_field -> new_field and the selected options copy over.
I think that should work @Seth Mason, that's what the bulk import tool is supposed to do in Jira - I'd test it on a couple of test issues first though if I were you
Been trying this and the bulk tool makes me fill in the destination field's checkboxes
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.