I need to automate a way to copy a card and move it to a checklist on another card. It does not make sense to have to copy and paste the URL to an item on the checklist.
@Tim King
My guess is that you want to create an item in a checklist on another card that points back to the card. What you do is that you use the variable {cardlink} as the item name.
reading this will help
https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables#variables-with-specific-triggers
That's a good start, but want I want is to add a card as an 'item' on a checklist (on another list and card)
I see I can duplicate/move cards to another list and automate an item to a card, but nothing that does what I describe above.
Right now, I have to duplicate checking a card due date complete and an item on a checklist on another card checked off. that's a lot of checking...
Once you have the item -> card and card ->card (with the item) you can automate completion regardless of where the cards are on your board or another board.
thanks for hanging in there with me.
I don't start with the item. I start with a card. I want to automate copying an existing card and converting it to a checklist 'item' on another card.
None of the actions in the 'Create a Card Button' seem to do this:
card -> card, checklist, item in the checklist.
Am I looking in the wrong place for the automation? I don't see a Rule I can set either.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.