I am new to Trello, and perhaps this scenario is complex, but I am trying to figure out how to implement an Identifier that links all my dependency tasks to my parent task taking into consideration multiple tiers of dependencies, and I am trying to avoid 3rd party Trello Powerups.
I wanted to architect a dependency system for card relationships, and I found this article which is beneficial:
https://help.trello.com/article/1165-task-dependencies
I have implemented this system successfully, but I would like to take this one step further and introduce a custom field (text field called "Parent Card ID") that stores the card's {cardid}.
Workflow example:
1. Create Parent Card called "Project 1"
2. Populate custom field "Parent Card ID" with {cardid}.
3. Add "Task 1" item to "Sub-tasks" checklist in card "Project 1" and linked card is automatically created.
4. Add "Task 2" checklist item to the "Task 1" card created in Step 3 and linked card is automatically created.
The above scenario illustrates a family tree of dependencies (Parent => Child => Grandchild). All 4 steps are working correctly. My questions are regarding Steps 3 and 4... How can I utilize Butler to populate these dependency cards with the custom field "Parent Card ID" value from the highest level ancestor card?