Here is a Use Case.
I have process A, that should insert data into database B, which is consumed by process C.
A --> B --> C
Process A and C are big projects that have their own life cycle and have their own Build and corresponding deployment plans. Database B is created in a separate deployment plan. A and C require the existence of B, so the deploy plan for B is triggered by both deploy of A and C. Deploy plan of B is such that it checks for the existence of B and only it doesn't exist, it's created. The sub chain B and C can live without A in a test setup, same for A and B without C.
Phew, hope you can make sense out of that.
So here's the question. As deploy of B is triggered by deploy of A and C, I'd like to have deploy of B to create user accounts in the DB for both processes A and C. No human needs that account, it should only be known by A and C respectively. I can't create credential files in the deploy plan and expose them as artifacts (as deploy plans do not create artifacts). In that case I would be able to pick it up in deploy of A and C, after deploy for B was finished, but alas.
Do you recognize this scenario?
I can't and won't abuse build plans just to get the artifact functionality, as I have separate environments.
I've been thinking of a some kind of external credentials vault that only Bamboo can access, and transfer the credentials between the deploy plans from there.
Any other options?
Thanks!