Hi Anton, Could you please explain further what you are trying to achieve? What do you mean by "setup svn commit"? Regards, Gustavo Refosco
There is a pre-commit review in fish eye. I would like it to conclude with svn commit after all reviews are done.
Hi Anton,
As per your lastest response, I believe you are expecting you can perform the commit within FishEye, is this correct?
If so, I'd like to inform that you actually need to just perform the commit in your repository - the pre-commit review is meant to allow you to create a patch and review it before it is committed. Once it is reviewed, you have to perform the commit directly in the repository, as FishEye doesn't write any information in your repository, it only reads from it.
Regards,
Gustavo Refosco
Ok. Is there a way to enfornce than that the commited svn patch is exactly same as patch reviewed in pre-commit review in fish eye?
The idea is basically same, regardless who is commiting to svn, tighly sync what's reviewed and what's commited to svn.
Thanks for your help!
The pre-commit patch you upload to perform the review is made of a diff showing the difference between the version that is already in the repository and the version that is about to be committed. I suppose the person who created the patch submitted it to review, and is just waiting for approval to perform the commit, so after the review is closed and the change is approved I think it would be just a matter of having this person performing the commit.
If the person made new changes while the pre-committed change is still being reviewed I think the process would consist of having this person generating a new patch to be reviewed, so the latest changes would be reviewed before being committed.
Ok, but is there a way to prevent svn commit if patch that is attempted to be commited is different from patch that was reviewed in fish eye?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.