Hello All,
I am quiet new to DevOps and I am little confused about testing (automated) in devops... I mean, while setting up a simple pipeline, I wanted to know what are all the test to be executed and also where exactly in pipeline these tests to be executed.
Consider a simple java based web application as an example....
Please give me some insights....
Below is a brief summary of pipeline of this project based on my level of understanding of devops...
A code is in github and when a change is committed to the repo, a new build is triggered and I believe during the build, code will be reviewed, compiled and also a unit test will be executed to thus compiled code(pls do correct me if I am wrong here) and then the code will be packaged and deployed to a test environment. Please guide me.
Thanks
Chandan