This is not so much a question, as a statement: I like Atlassian products and gave SourceTree a try today (fresh download, Windows 7). I use it to access a Stash repository over https or browse a local repository (remote is also accessed via https).
Problems I ran across:
- Terminal button does not open a terminal
- Fetch does not work (apparently it does not realize that it needs a password)
- Browse hosted repos: takes ages to realize that it does not have the correct credentials, but gives me no way to enter them
- Out of curiosity tried "Interactive rebase". Got error message: command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree\stree_gri" not found, but the file is exactly in this location
- Got it to accept my credentials for Stash, but a following CLONE never finished.
- Although I instruct it to save and remember my credentials, after a restart the credentials are gone.
- After cancelling fetch & clone commands, orphaned git, git-remote-https and other processes remain there forever
- ...
I'm unaware of any problems or special features my PC setup could cause - just a stock Win7 inside a company domain, git works from commandline etc. I did not expect these kind of problems with SourceTree. Quite a disappointment. I'm giving up on it.