I had a Jira account set up with an old email address for an old company I worked at. I want to delete this account and free up the username so that I can use it with my new email address. Is this possible?
Hi @[deleted]
Welcome to the Community!!
Usernames are not a thing in Cloud!!
Go ahead and use it in id.atlassian.com you can enter the same username again!!
User in Cloud for Atlassian Application is identified by email address.
Thanks,Pramodh
If you are using jira cloud, then try thisGo to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility
Change your email ID from old to new. Step by step guide is in
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/change-atlassian-account-email-addresses-969508513.html
My issue is with bitbucket, it says the username is already in use.
Tried this already, when I try to add my new email to the old account, it says that there is already an account set up with the new email (I think it's because it's linked to google and my new company already set the account up).
when i try and log into bitbucket using my new email, it asks me to choose a username but i see this error....
I've already changed my username on my old bitbucket account to something else to try and free it up, but it hasn't worked. I am wondering if i delete my old account all together will that free it up?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.