Is it possible to have the text from a slack message be added to an Product Discovery issue instead of a link?
Hey @Seth @Thomas FELTRIN
Thanks for getting in touch.
If you try the following you should see the slack message copy rather than just a link:
After they've authenticated things should work just fine!
Please let me know if you need any more help.
Thanks,
Sarah
I am 100% with you
Plus. When creating a new issue, it would be great to be able to add an insight instead of a description
TY.
Thank you for posting this @Seth Mason @Thomas FELTRIN ! When investigating your issue we discovered that the slack app wasn't prompting you to authenticate from Jira Product Discovery to see more details about the link. We're fixing that to prevent this type of confusion in the future! And in the meantime, the workaround that Sarah posted above should help anyone who's wondering why they only see a link to a Slack message in insights.
Please note that it's only going to work for new insights you create from Slack, unfortunately not for the ones you've created before authenticating.
hello, I've got a "Lien restreint, essayer un autre compte" message.
Does the problem come from slack or jira ?
Can't seem to solve it by authorizing Atlassian Smart Links to Slack.
Thx
@Thomas FELTRIN I checked with the team and this usually happens if you are authenticated with a Slack workspace with Smart Links but trying to view a link from a Slack message that comes from a different Slack workspace.
Could that be the case for you?
The best place to verify that is https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/apps, and revoke "Slack" in "Atlassian third party account access" - then try pasting a link to a Slack message in an insight to trigger authentication.
Another potential problem is if your Slack workspace is free and you've already installed 10 apps.
I tried to revoke the slack et re-authenticate but the same problem occurs.
We have a Pro slack workspace but it's only a free-trial period so I'm going to check if going to Pro will solve the issue.
I'll keep you posted, thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.