I'd love to get some input/ideas from the group! I recently took over an eCommerce company that sells customized hand-drawn artwork. There are many different products and drawing styles, but not all of the 25+ artists can draw all the different styles.
The team already uses Trello but isn't using it like a Kanban, they manually assign work out to each artist, which then leads to issues when an artist gets behind, or when they get done with their work and more isn't assigned quickly enough. I want to have it so that artists pull in one drawing request at a time from the "To-do" list, without ending up in a situation where artists are cherry picking the easiest/best requests (we want them to work it FIFO).
How have you all solved for Kanbans when the people working the "To-do" queue don't have the skillset to do all of the cards that might be in the queue?
I appreciate your ideas and input!