Hi there 😊
I need two make Checklist with several lines, instead of now, where you only can type in one sentence, without line breaks.
Any ideas to do this?
Best from Jeppe
I think that the checklist items are a single line by design (Trello, please correct me if I'm wrong).Â
If I understand what you're after correctly, I think you can make each task that you want as a checklist a separate card with a checklist in it.
For example if you had a task that had three lines in it that you want to group as one large task, make it a card with the three tasks as a checklist within the card. When you look at the card on your screen, you'll see a checkbox with the number of tasks in the checklist that are complete and outstanding as in "0/3", "1/3" etc.
You'd then group all the cards in your list into one task list that would be a list of tasks with checklists for each.
This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but that's I think how you'd get around the line break limitation.
I am not used to use cards, and making a new Checklist for each point would not be the workaround to use.
Not possible, somehow, to make Checklist with line breaks? 😊
Hi @Jeppe Klausen ! No, there is no way to add line breaks to check items - it's the same as a card title; the field is generally used to represent one item. What's the need for wanting multiple lines within a single check-item? Maybe there's another way to accomplish your goal.
Hi Hannah
Thank you very much for your reply. I am looking for another way, that is correct. Any ideas?
@Jeppe Klausen I can propose alternatives, but they might not make sense without knowing what you're wanting to achieve. Are you able to elaborate a bit more as to why you're wanting multiple lines within a single check-item?
Hi Hannah 😊
I am using my trello for giving my developer different tasks for different clients. Here I am using checklists a lot, but many times missing the full need for giving a full brief. It would be nice to use multiple lines here, because it would make my work a whole lot easier, with a more detailed checklist. I normally write my brief in the description, but still I need more details in the checklist to make trello work even better for me. Hope you understand my wish with this more detailed description 😊
Best from JeppeÂ
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.