I have several boards in a single workspace with different custom fields.
By happenstance, I discovered that when you move a card with custom fields to a different board, it adds any custom fields that exist on the board it was moved from, that do not already exist on the board it was moved to.
Moving the card from "board A" to "board B" was unintentional. I have moved the card back to its appropriate board, but now I want to delete all of "board A's" custom fields that are now showing up on "board B". I want to make absolutely sure that custom field deletion only applies to the board level. Said differently, I want to make sure that deleting a custom field on "board B" will not also delete that custom field on "board A".
If you know for a fact, please advise. Losing a custom field across all boards would be disastrous.