I am uisng sourcetree 1.8.3.0 on Win10. I have created a GIT repository on a local NAS as a file set. Then clone this to local workspace on my C drive. Update the content on local repsository C drive ... commit .... then push back to the repository on ther NAS. I get the following error ...
"git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags --set-upstream origin master:master
Pushing to O:\GIT\GV-TDMA\PSU-IO Board\EaglePCB
remote: error: refusing to update checked out branch: refs/heads/master
remote: error: By default, updating the current branch in a non-bare repository
remote: error: is denied, because it will make the index and work tree inconsistent
remote: error: with what you pushed, and will require 'git reset --hard' to match
remote: error: the work tree to HEAD."
If I do the same process but using Bitbucket to host the remote repository it all works OK ....
Whats wrong .... ????
Any help appreciated