When adding .json to the end of the URL, I just get the 404 page. How do I find out the list IDs?
@Stamina Overlook
It can happen when you do not have access to the card/board.
Update : self correction - you get a 401 instead.
Hi @Stamina Overlook 👋
Welcome to the Community! You should be able to get it via JSON:
URL should look like this:
https://trello.com/b/BaDyGlxp/<name of board>.json
You'll also find the list IDs in there under idList.
Option 2:
I dropped ".json" at the end of address in firefox and a pretty nice looking json display was rendered and the first item was "id", which worked for me. I filtered "idBoard" and the only result was a "idBoardSouce" which was null. Maybe the "idBoard" has since changed to "id".
I dropped ".json" at the end of address in firefox and a pretty nice looking json display was rendered and the first item was "id", which worked for me.
I filtered "idBoard" and the only result was a "idBoardSouce" which was null. Maybe the "idBoard" has since changed to "id".
I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃
All the best,
Laura
Hello! Yes, I tried these methods, but like I said, adding .json to the end of the URL just sends me to the error 404 page. There's no JSON there - and nothing in the source, either. The source of the resulting page is just the source of the 404 page, with no hidden list IDs or anything.
Here, a screenshot that proves it:
An easier way, if you have generated a key and token for using the REST API, is to query the Get Lists on a Board endpoint:
https://api.trello.com/1/boards/{board_id}/lists?key={your_key}&token={your_token}
Example JSON response:
[ { "id": "602786e91c69d30e45a9ccdb", "name": "Backlog", "closed": false, "pos": 512, "softLimit": null, "idBoard": "602786e91c69d30e45a9ccd8", "subscribed": false }, { "id": "60541af09b1c4353c8a3b29b", "name": "Due in 4 days", "closed": false, "pos": 1024, "softLimit": null, "idBoard": "602786e91c69d30e45a9ccd8", "subscribed": false }]
@Stamina Overlook No issue get the board. Looks like it is a Public board
You are correct that with the full url and a .json it gets a 404
Ahhhh, so I needed to take the name of the board out of the URL! Now it's all working, thank you so much
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.