When linking two issues together I am given a dropdown of several options:
is addressed by
addresses
is blocked by
etc.
However, some of those options are duplicated. Is there a way to correct this? Screenshot attached.
Hi @Alana Forrest and welcome to Community!
If you're a Jira admin, you can update these link types in the Issue linking menu:
If you delete a link type that is already in use, Jira will ask you to either swap current links to another one or to remove links:
You can prepare a table listing current link types and the corresponding target ones to make sure you delete or edit the right ones.
Hope this helps,
- Manon
Hi Manon,
Thanks for your quick reply!
I'm the admin for my board, but I can't seem to get those options when I click on issues. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or additional access I need?
Many thanks,
Alana
I'm afraid being a board admin is not enough, you need to be a global Jira admin to change link types. Do you know who your Jira admin is? If so, you should reach out to them to plan the links update - it will affect all Jira projects, not just yours, so you need to discuss it.
Cheers,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.