Hello !
I'd like to receive email notifications on all changes on a board. The doc (https://help.trello.com/article/799-watching-cards-lists-and-boards ) says that watching the board should do that.
However, it doesn't seem to be working for me: I'm watching the board but I'm still only getting email notifications for cards I'm member of.
What could be the cause of this problem ?
Thanks for any help !
Hi @François Granade 👋
Welcome to the Community! I've taken a look into this for you and if you are not receiving Trello notifications, there may be several causes - see all here. However, I believe the below cause may be the relevant one for you...
You are not notified when you expectTrello will notify you of actions that happen in a card you are assigned to or watching. This means that your icon or watching 'eye' icon is on the card. Even if your email notifications are set to 'Instant', there's a slight delay from when a notification occurs in Trello and when the email is actually sent. If you read the notification in Trello before the email is sent, Trello will not send the corresponding email (due to the fact that you have in fact read the notification).
You are not notified when you expectTrello will notify you of actions that happen in a card you are assigned to or watching. This means that your icon or watching 'eye' icon is on the card.
Even if your email notifications are set to 'Instant', there's a slight delay from when a notification occurs in Trello and when the email is actually sent. If you read the notification in Trello before the email is sent, Trello will not send the corresponding email (due to the fact that you have in fact read the notification).
I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃
All the best,
Laura
Hi ! I had seen these lists of possible causes, but none of them are fixing my problem:
- I *do* receive email notifications for the cards I'm member of, so it's not an email delivery issue,
- I'm watching the board: I see the eye icon in the "Watching" button at the top of my board,
- but I don't receive email notifications for the cards that I am _not_ member of...
It really looks like a bug, and a painful one. Any idea ?
Interestingly, after ~48 hours all the emails started arriving (but not the "backlog"). I guess it just takes time to be executed.
(that's not the "slight delay" mentioned in the doc above)
Probably good to know for others
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.