https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/stsp/problem-report-1388
Support ticket has crash log attached.
Application Specific Information:*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** setObjectForKey: object cannot be nil (key: SSH_ASKPASS)'terminating with uncaught exception of type NSExceptionabort() called
2.0.1 crashes for me as well, whenever I try to commit or even type in the commit textbox. Also, the sourcetree icon disappeared (it's now just the standard Mac "No icon specified" icon) and most of the menu icons disappeared as well.
Jaydeep, Message I got from Atlassian suggested I delete and reinstall v2.0.1. I declined. Instead I restored v2.0.0 from a Time Machine backup, turned off the auto-update feature. Has been working fine, will not turn auto-upgrade back on until I see that Atlassian has released a newer version that resolves the upgrade problem we've both experienced.
Thanks Rob. Your comment, and another post on support.atlassian.com regarding the SourceTree installer breaking the application on an upgrade to 2.0.1, led me to try deleting and re-installing. Works fine now, and I appreciate your sharing the answer you got from Atlassian! A note for Atlassian: the installation appeared to be incomplete, but it's not clear why that happened: the Applications window showed a size of 33 MB when it was crashing, and shows 97.3 now. Best, Jay
Jay, Here is Atlassian's response: Kah Loun Foong [Atlassian] 02 October 2014, 8:00 AM Hi Rob, Thanks for contacting Atlassian Support. According to the error, we suspect that the bundle file in the SourceTree application has been modified or corrupted during the upgrade. Please try removing the SourceTree application from the machine and re-install SourceTree 2.0.1 again. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards, Foong Atlassian Support Team
I had a similar issue with 2.0.3, then I reverted back to 2.0.1 and everything worked. SourceTree then auto-updated back to 2.0.3 and it started to do it again. I ended up re-downloading 2.0.3 manually, but I kept the same app. I noticed the new app was 20MB larger. It appears sparkle caches was corrupt in ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree/.Sparkle. The sparkle updates probably need some sort of integrity checking via checksum or something.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.