I've customized the default dashboard users see once they log in. I'd like to also customize the page that users use to login. Right now, all that's available is a login box.
Hi Steve,
Adjusting the Default Dashboard can be done from the Administration Panel. Type g g to bring up the quick Navigator and type System Dashboard, or go to Administration > System > User Interface > System Dashboard. From here you can customize the system dashboard which is shown to users before they log in.
Full documentation can be found here.
As for changing the Log in Screen, this is a bit more involved, but can be done by following this tip. Please note that customization such as this is not supported by Atlassian. So please take care making these changes.
Cheers,
Ivan.
Thanks, Ivan. Actually, the steps you listed are what I'm following. Ive inserted a custom (text) widget on the left and only one or two other widgets on my Default Dashboard. This is the only dashboard in the system. The screen that shows when users are logged out is different from users that are logged in.
Glad I'm not the only one looking for solutions like this, I wasn't able to solve something similar - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/69419/any-way-to-apply-permissions-to-gadgets
This Login Gadget is controlled by Login.xml, to customize that you will need to follow the steps at the top of [This Page - Customizing the login Gadget]. You can use this XML to add text to your login dashboard!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.